Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Ready for #2?

I might be pregnant.

I say might because we haven't been to the docs yet to confirm it. But today I did another home kit test and it turned out positive, again.

Nov 10th was the day my period is due. It was a Tuesday. I had bleeding in the morning. And cramping through as usual. Feeling relieved (because when period actually starts, PMS symptoms - crampings, tender boobs, bloating - usually ends), I slapped on a pad, marked the date on my calendar and head off to Marion Shopping Centre - I remember mentioning to Dad that I shouldn't be getting my period and be pregnant instead! Mia had complained about tummy-ache in the morning so we had let her off school (she had been Taekwondo and Gymnastics tryouts the following week - that's my excuse). Arrived Marion, bought leotards and skirt for Mia's gymnastics training. We were also on the look out for a new bike since Mia has over grown her old bike and she had learnt successfully riding on two wheels (in TWO days!), we thought she deserves a new one. There was one bike on clearance and display item for $59 so we took it home. Later on the same day, we were riding on the footpath like the road law suggested to her Taekwondo class, and as we passed a bushy side-fenced driveway, a 4WD backed out! I screamed, it was backing out and Mia was right behind it. It stopped and just in time next to me! She wasn't apologetic and I'm still traumatised with that vision in my head.

2 days later (Thursday) Dad and I went into a huge fight. I hadn't seen blood stain ever since that Tuesday morning. Nothing to be too alarmed about. I sometimes only start having heavy period bleeding the 2nd day anyway. Maybe this time it'll come on the third day?

Friday morning (13th) before sending Mia off to school, I had mixed thoughts and while driving I made the decision either to stop by the chemist and buy a pregnancy test on the way back home or the next day. We passed the chemist and somewhere in the drive way I told Daddy that I'll drop him off home and go to the chemist to buy some meds I had forgotten about. Grabbed a box with multiple tests, went home and try to eat something. Wait til I had to pee. An hour or so later, I dipped. I remember being so nervous my hands were cold and I gagged. As I was waiting (that few seconds wait is so long!), I knew I'd be crushed if it wasn't a positive. Both double lines were dark, visible and clear. I teared right up. Took a deep breath, got out of the toilet teary-eyed and showed the stick to Dad. He obviously doesn't know what's going on. And so confused because I had just told him few days ago I had my period! I can't stop crying and he got teary eyed and we apologised for fighting so much and the rest is history :)

I went online straight away to calculate the due date. EDD July 19th, 2016!
We jokingly asked Mia what she would like to name her brother or sister if she has one. She said Lucy for a girl because her friend has a dog named Lucy and she was friendly and so cute! Noah for a boy. I told her we cannot name her little sister after a dog :)

Now in the beginning I had thought of going to our GP straight away. Today is Tuesday (17th). I had delayed. I am still so scared this might not be true. Everything online I could get my hands on said 17th is the best date to test again according to the due date calculator etc etc. So I just did. The two lines were a bit faint today. But still 2 lines.

Conception
I mark my calendar when we try. So I know exactly when you were conceive. It was during Mia's Aquatic Skills Week at school. I was a day later from the fertility window. I was sure I wouldn't conceive this time. There was so much discharge the remaining of the day and a sticky thick eggwhite discharge appeared the next day. Maybe I could conceive?

This blog is officially open again :)

No comments: